HUCHUY QOSQO HIKE
The Huchuy Qosqo hike, takes you to the lesser-known Inca site of Huchuy Qosqo (small Cusco),located on a plateau with stunning views of the Sacred Valley and Vilcabamba range´s snow-capped peaks. This is the perfect combination of beauty and scenery, wildlife and ancient cultures, where the herds of llamas and alpacas walk freely.
From 2 people: 140 USD each
From 3 people: 115 USD each
From 4 people: 96 USD each
From 5 people up: 90 USD each
- Pick up from the hotel at 07:00 am; begin the hike by transferring to the small village of Patabamba (3,850m/12,631ft). This small Andean community is the starting point of our hike. We start hiking uphill amidst beautiful mountain scenery.
- We will climb up to the pass, which is 4,110m (13,484ft) high. As we get closer to the pass, the landscape changes dramatically into Andean Puna, with sparse plants like “ichu.” From the pass, see the Sacred Valley, the Vilcanota River, and the snow-capped mountains.
- Go down until reaching the village of Siwas at 3,900m/12,795ft and visit the ruins of Pucamarca. Then go into Leon Punku Canyon, where we will follow the remains of an Incan trail to the ruins of Huchuy Qosqo, which is 3,700m (12,139ft) away.
- We will also find the foundation of an Inca bridge inside the canyon. This canyon has geological structures encompassed by imposing rocks and boulders that guide the river. Huchuy Qosqo is an Inca archaeological complex with towering architecture and a vast open ceremonial center. The guide will explain more about this archaeological site.
- Following the guided tour of the remains, we will start our downhill into the town of Lamay; walking will take about 2 hours and a half.
- Private transfer to Cusco, arrival time to Cusco around 18:00.
- The estimated walking distance is 9 km (5.59 miles). Estimated walking time, 6 to 7 hours.
- Meals included: Box-Lunch.
Type of service: Privado
🙋🏼♂️ All travelers under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult..
NOTE: Due to restrictions on the city’s access roads, pickups from some hotels may be on foot
BOOKING FORM (1st Step)
Thank you so much for booking with us, to book your tour you just have to follow 2 simple steps:
1) Fill up the booking form and passenger information
2) Fill up the billing details to pay with Credit Card or PayPal.