Humantay Lake Tour
Get back to nature and experience the exotic flora and fauna of Humantay Glacial Lagoon on a full-day hike. Marvel at beautiful lakes, valleys and mountains sacred to the Incas. The Humantay a lagoon of Salkantay surrounded by peaks and crystal clear waters. For trekking and nature lovers, the adventure to Humantay is a must in the visit to Cusco and its surroundings.
Total Price: $
- Pick up from the hotel at 05:00 am; begin the hike by transferring to the small village of Soraypampa (3,800m/12,467ft) (4 hours driving).
- Along the drive, there are breathtaking vistas of the snowcapped Vilcabamba and Mollepata mountain ranges and the verdant Apurimac River Valley.
- Around 09:30 am, we start our trek up to the lake with beautiful views; we ascend the mountain for 2 hours, taking numerous breaks to enjoy the scenery.
- After conquering the hill, we will gaze down on a turquoise lake surrounded by steep peaks and an impressive glacier.
- The hike is dominated by Salkantay snow-capped Mountain, towering 20,600 feet with a sheer and snowy face. The equally impressive Humantay Mountain rises 19,412 feet. Local people give a blessing when reaching the crystal-clear waters of Humantay Lake at 13,700 feet (4200 meters).
- When ready to hike back down, we will descend to Soraypampa and have lunch while enjoying the breathtaking panoramic views of the snowy peaks.
- We drive back to Cusco and drop off at the hotel at about 18:00 pm.
- The estimated walking distance is 5 km (3.10 miles). Estimated walking time, 4 to 5 hours.
- Due to restrictions on the city’s access roads, pickups from some hotels may be on foot
- Maximum groups of 16 people
- All travelers under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- From 2 people up: 117 USD each
- Professional guide
- Entrance fee to Humantay Lagoon.
- 24-hour support by our local staff
- Partial Tourist Ticket (valid for two days) – US$ 32, or General BTC (valid for ten days) – US$ 55.
- Anything not specified in the itinerary description
- Monday to Sunday: 5:00 am
- Guaranteed departures any day with one person. Departures are available along the year although due to weather conditions, the recommended period for this trek is April to November.
- Moderate – you need to be in good health and reasonably fit. A walking day would normally be between 11 to 12 hours long. Some previous experience is required. Minimum 2 days at altitude recommended.