Humantay Lake Tour
Get back to nature and experience the exotic flora and fauna of Humantay Lake on a full-day hike. Marvel at beautiful lakes, valleys and mountains sacred to the Incas. The Humantay Lake of Salkantay surrounded by peaks and crystal clear waters. For trekking and nature lovers, the adventure to Humantay is a must in the visit to Cusco and its surroundings.
- Pick up from the hotel at 05:00 am; begin the hike by transferring to the small village of Soraypampa (3,800m/12,467ft) (4 hours driving).
- Along the drive, there are breathtaking vistas of the snowcapped Vilcabamba and Mollepata mountain ranges and the verdant Apurimac River Valley.
- Around 09:30 am, we start our trek up to the lake with beautiful views; we ascend the mountain for 2 hours, taking numerous breaks to enjoy the scenery.
- After conquering the hill, we will gaze down on a turquoise lake surrounded by steep peaks and an impressive glacier.
- The hike is dominated by Salkantay snow-capped Mountain, towering 20,600 feet with a sheer and snowy face. The equally impressive Humantay Mountain rises 19,412 feet. Local people give a blessing when reaching the crystal-clear waters of Humantay Lake at 13,700 feet (4200 meters).
- When ready to hike back down, we will descend to Soraypampa and have lunch while enjoying the breathtaking panoramic views of the snowy peaks.
- We drive back to Cusco and drop off at the hotel at about 18:00 pm.
- The estimated walking distance is 5 km (3.10 miles). Estimated walking time, 4 to 5 hours.
- Due to restrictions on the city’s access roads, pickups from some hotels may be on foot
- Maximum groups of 16 people
- All travelers under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- From 2 people up: 117 USD each
- Professional guide
- Entrance fee to Humantay Lagoon.
- 24-hour support by our local staff
- Partial Tourist Ticket (valid for two days) – US$ 32, or General BTC (valid for ten days) – US$ 55.
- Anything not specified in the itinerary description
- Monday to Sunday: 5:00 am
- Guaranteed departures any day with one person. Departures are available along the year although due to weather conditions, the recommended period for this trek is April to November.
- Moderate – you need to be in good health and reasonably fit. A walking day would normally be between 11 to 12 hours long. Some previous experience is required. Minimum 2 days at altitude recommended.