Lima Bizarre Tour (Witches Market)
La Victoria is one of the most popular districts in Lima for locals, characterized for its street vendors, street food and the huge clothing industry, but what is a highlight in this place is the witches market, a market full of mysteries. This makes Gamarra a very bizarre and unique place.
- We will take you around the commercial city of Gamarra which is located very close to the first “Pueblos Jóvenes” (Shanty Towns). There we’ll go to the highest building of the place to have a panoramic view of all Lima city and the vast territory that Gamarra occupies, which is going to be great to get an introduction of the history of Lima and the shopping Center
- In addition, we will be able to take a look at the hills where the “shanty towns” are located, communities created in the 70’s and 80’s due to the massive immigration of people from the Andes and Amazon of Peru.
- After that, we’ll take you through a walking around the streets of Gamarra and you will have the opportunity to try some local snacks and typical street food (Locals Love it) and then we go towards the witches market.
2. The Witches Market
- Snakes, lizards and other dissected animals are used as alternative medicine. This became part of the popular culture of locals since Andean people arrived.
- On the other hand, we have a variety of aromatic herbs which are used by shamans to make ancestral rituals that invoke good luck and call upon money, wealth, and love.
- The black Magic is also part of the performed rituals by Shamans in Gamarra, even though we are not participants of this, we consider it is important to take you and take a look at it!
- At the end, if possible, you can be part of a unique experience, visiting the wise old woman from the Andes who have the ability to read your future through the coca leafs.
- By the end of your tour and to finish with a true local experience, we will take the linea 1 public train on the way back to your accomodation.
- This tour is unique, super interesting and a sight to see if you enjoy lots of action and vibrant streets filled with activity.
- We guarantee a day you will never forget. Dare to explore the bizarre Lima in a different way!
- For 1 person: 43 USD
- For 2 – 3 people: 37 USD each
- For 4 – 6 people: 35 USD each
- For 7 – 10 people: 32 USD each
- The prices provided are for shared groups, if you want a private service or you would like to join a shared group, ask for availability please.
- We want to inform you that, on all public holidays in Peru, our prices will have a 50% increase.
- Pick up from your hotel.
- Private transport.
- Professional tour guide.
- Tour in English/Spanish.
- Local Snacks.
- Return transport to your hotel location.
- All of our prices include pick up and drop off to your hotel only if it is located in: Miraflores, San Isidro, Barranco or the Center of Lima. Outside of these specific districts, we ask you to pay an extra fee for your pick up and drop off.
- Monday – Saturday: 9:30 am or 2:00pm
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- A hat
- A bottle of water
- Please do not bring any kind of large bags or purses.