SHORT INCA TRAIL
The Short Inca Trail Tour is the most famous hike in Peru, attracting thousands of enthusiasts each year. The Short Inca Trail is comprised of a 10 kilometer 01-day hike with an overnight accommodation in Aguas Calientes and a sunrise tour of the Iconic Machu Picchu Archaeological site on day 02.
Day 1 – Inca Trail: Km 104 to Aguas Caliente
- Pick up at 05:40 am from the hotel and transfer to Poroy station to board the train to KM 104 and meet the guide.
- The train will stop at the Chachabamba archaeological site (2,170m/7,119ft) head of the trail; we begin the 5-hour climb to the Inca Trail. This path rewards us with amazing views of the big valley and gorgeous waterfall near the famous Wiñayhuayna Archaeological Site (2,700m/8,858ft), which translates as “Forever Young.”
- We continue along tiny trails with luxuriant flora of broad-leaf plants and giant ferns. The precipice of the high mountain adds to the thrill. The Sun Gate’s (2,670m/8,759 ft) stone threshold materializes unexpectedly along the route.
- Behold the magnificent city of Machu Picchu, surrounded by twisting gorges and wooded peaks. The remaining 45 minutes were spent going towards the Machu Picchu entrance.
- There are 30-minute buses from Machu Picchu citadel to Aguas Calientes (2,050m/6,726ft).
- Approximate distance: 10 km (6, 21 miles) – Estimated time walking: 5-6 hours.
Overnight at the Hotel in Aguas Calientes.
Meals Included: Box lunch and Dinner.
Expedition train — Cusco (06:40am) – Km 104 (09:20am)
Day 2 – Visit Machu Picchu & Back to Cusco
- Hotel breakfast; at 06:00 am. Take a bus to the Machu Picchu archaeological site (2,430m/7,972ft). Declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1983 and one of the New Seven Wonders of the World in 2007, the mountaintop fortress earned every bit of its notoriety.
- Around 07:30 am, the guided tour begins; the guide expertly directs through the astounding ruins and main streets. Then wander around the town squares and climb the intricately carved stairways made of stone. Machu Picchu is considered the world’s spiritual center by esoteric wisdom.
- The guided tour takes around two hours and 30 minutes.
- From 12:30 pm to 13:30, take the bus to Aguas Calientes.
- From 13:30 to 15:00, take lunch at a local restaurant in Aguas Calientes.
- Return to Cusco: Board the train to return to Cusco later in the day. Arrive at Poroy station and then be picked up and transported to the Cusco hotel.
Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch.
Expedition train — Aguas Calientes (15:20pm) – Cusco (19:05pm)
BOOKING FORM (1st Step)
Thank you so much for booking with us!, To book your tour you just have to follow 2 simple steps:
1) Fill up the booking form and passenger information
2) Fill up the billing details to pay with Credit Card or PayPal.
Please check our TERMS and CONDITIONS, Click Here
If you do not want to fill out this form or you have problems filling it up, then just send us your request through the next email: firstname.lastname@example.org or send us an WhatsApp: +51 924 260 744