TERMS AND CONDITIONS
On registering for a tour, passengers (hereafter the Client or the Clients) accept our terms and conditions as set out in the present document.
Due to many clients canceling their tours a few days, hours or minutes (unbelievably but true) before their scheduled tour start, we find it necessary to put in place some rules, which will allow us to respectfully continue and appreciate the efforts and services provided by our professional Haku Tours team (tour guides, drivers, coordinators, etc.).
As background, it’s important to let you know that when you book a tour, at least a guide and driver are scheduled for that time. Booking a driver and guide may mean that they have to cancel work for other companies or other activities they may have scheduled for that time. Canceling your booked tour less than a week in advance often affects their ability to reschedule that time.
Please keep in mind when you book and confirm your tour, we IMMEDIATELY start arrangements which include buying all entrance tickets, paying government taxes and any other fees involved in your tour. We do this in advance to provide you a GUARANTEE that you will not miss out on any place or attraction listed as part of your tour.
For this reason will be unfair if you cancel your booked tour with hours or minutes before it start and decide not to pay for it. As a result we have instituted a policy:
1. FOR TOURS IN LIMA CITY & SHORE EXCURSION IN CALLAO PORT:
- If you confirm a tour and then you cancel with less than 2 (two) days notice, you agree to pay: 50 % of the total amount of the tour rate.
- If you cancel your tour the same day or not show up then you are agree to pay 100 %
- Dear customer, we allowed you to reschedule your tour to another date with 2 (two) days notice without any extra cost (this is valid according to our availability). Also we allow a “partial” refund with 2 (two) days notice, but you will have to assume an small fee for administrative charges, around 5% or 10%, depending on your bank policies.
- Once your tour is confirmed is very important to send us your passport number since the Peruvian goverment asks this by law to all legal companies. This information will be strictly between you and us, used only for what we mentioned before. Thank you for your understanding.
2. FOR PACKAGES IN OTHER CITIES OF PERU (OUT OF LIMA)
- Tour package prices in USD (US dollars).
- This document is simply a quotation; we cannot guarantee availability until the services are confirmed.
- Haku Tours reserves the right to alter the itinerary in a force majeure event to ensure our clients’ safety.
- The tour operation can be changed in festivity dates.
- Hotel rates are exclusive of the IGV (Peruvian tax). Foreign nationals are exonerated (non-Peruvian residents). In order to apply for this exoneration, it is required to show a copy of your passport together with the entrance seal to Peru and an Andean migration card, which is given on the plane upon entering the country and sealed by the airport Immigration Services representative.
- The yellow fever vaccine is necessary for passengers traveling from Peru or Bolivia to Brazil and Venezuela. Haku Tours is not responsible for vaccine regulations.
- We accept VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Diners Club; we do not charge fees.
TO CONFIRM A BOOKING
- In order to confirm a reservation, we need the following information: 1. Full Name. 2. Number of passports and nationality. 3. Date of birthday. 4. Type of accommodation (single room, one double room, two beds, three beds). 5. Itinerary of the flights. 6. Copy of passport.
- A non-refundable payment of US$ 500 per person is needed to secure a booking.
- All local and international flights must be paid for in advance to reserve a seat.
- Full payment or balance must be paid 60 – 45 days before the trip departure date.
- Full payment is due if the booking is made 60 days or less before departure.
CANCELLATION BY THE CLIENT
- Any cancellation by a Client must be made in writing and be acknowledged by Haku tours in writing. The date on which the request to cancel is received by Haku tours or its Travel Consultants will determine the cancellation fees applicable.
3. FOR PACKAGES IN CUSCO, AREQUIPA, PUNO, IQUITOS, MADRE DE DIOS, AMAZONAS & NORTH OF PERU
- Seventy days or more days before departure, non – refundable deposit.
- 69-31 days; we retain – 40% of the trip cost.
- 30-16 days; we retain – 70% of the trip cost.
- Fifteen days or less; we retain – 100% of the trip cost.
4. FOR PACKAGES THAT ALSO INCLUDES MUYUNA LODGE IN IQUITOS:
TO BOOK IT:
- Only groups larger than 5 bungalows, payment of 10% of the total must be made 90 days before the arrival of the passengers (non-refundable).
- There is no refund if it is canceled 35 days before the arrival of the passengers. It will be considered as No Show.
- If the passengers, for personal reasons, decide to return from the Lodge to Iquitos, a few days before the end of the established tour, there won’t be refund.
5. FOR PACKAGES THAT ALSO INCLUDES THE CRUISE “DELFIN III” IN IQUITOS:
TO BOOK IT
- Reservations made 91 days or more before the date of shipment:
- A deposit of US$ 500.00 per person is required to confirm the reservation (This amount is exclusive to book this cruise, it is apart from the previous $500 non-refundable that we requested lines above)
- The balance must be paid 90 days before the date of shipment.
- In case of not having received it on time, the space(s) will be released automatically.
- Reservations made 90 days or less before the date of shipment:
- Full payment is required to confirm the reservation, payment is non-refundable.
- Cancellations made 155 days or more before the boarding date:
- The deposit will be refunded, less USD$ 300.00 per person for administrative expenses.
- Cancellations made 154 to 95 days before the boarding date:
- All deposits are non-refundable.
- Cancellations made 94 days or less before the embarkation date: Full payment will be applied as a cancellation penalty.
6. FOR PACKAGES THAT INCLUDES THE NORTH: “HUARAZ, TRUJILLO, CAJAMARCA OR AMAZONAS”
- A cancellation of services may be requested up to 30 days before the start date of the tour, in that case the trip deposit will be fully refundable minus expenses administrative.
- If the cancellation is received 15 days before the tour, the refund will be subject to a penalty 30% of the contracted price.
- In the case of cancellation of the service 14 days before, in the case of non-presentation of the passenger(s) or in the event of a cancellation during the trip, no refund.
- No refund will be given for cancellations beyond our control.
Haku Tours recommends our clients to get a travel insurance covering cancellation fees.
Our clients may change travel dates and decide to join another package, depending on our availability,
Equipment: Our clients are responsible for equipment provided to him or her by Haku Tour or external service providers for the entire length of the package. Our clients agrees to pay repair and replacement costs of the equipment
Etiquette: Our clients warrants to strictly comply with all local laws, respect local customs and culture, respect other trip members privacy, and follow the suggestions and advice of the Tour Leader and any assigned guide
It’s very important for us that any special medical condition in our client’s health and fit that might affect their participation on any tour be advice to us to allow us to asses if our client is fit for the tour. In case of not letting us know about the medical conditions before the tour and there is medical and/or evacuation expenses, these will be cover by our client
Lastly we want let you know; once you book your tour, you accept 100% of the responsability in case an unexpected event might happend. We are very understanding people and our wish for you is to have a great time during your visit to Peru. We really appreciate your respect of our Terms and Conditions.
7. FOR SHORE EXCURSION FROM SALAVERRY PORT IN TRUJILLO ONLY
- Regarding cruise tours, our policies are very strict since all the port operations are carried out in advance and payments to institutions are 100% payment and not allowing any refund.
- Payments will be 100%, at least 25 days before the date of arrival of the boat.
- The non-arrival of a vessel at the Port of Salaverry due to abnormal waves is beyond our responsibility.
- The return of money will be allowed if you advise 18 days before the arrival of the vessel and 70% of the total deposit will be retained, which will be to cover the pre-operational expenses of the cruise.
- If the passengers/clients do not show up for the tour at the agreed time, THERE IS NO REFUND OF THE MONEY DEPOSITED.
- On certain occasions there are complications in the access of units to the port due to commercial competition with other operating wholesale companies, which is why we are denied to access and the alternative is to board the passenger outside the port. This mishap is not frequent, but it is reported for your information.
Note: If you take a shore excursion from the Callao Port, please read the general Terms and Conditions we have at the beginning, it is very different from this one.
Please take time to read carefully and understand our booking terms and conditions set out below before booking a trip with Haku Tours.
If you have any question, please feel free contact our main coordinator Yanela Ortega at firstname.lastname@example.org