Food History + Local Markets (Food Tour)
Enjoy an afternoon full of flavors visiting vibrant neighborhoods of Lima, famous for their hole in the wall restaurants and very popular among the locals. Perfect for lovers of new experiences and new flavors.
In this tour, you will visit some of our authentic local markets in Lima, where you will get immersed in the Peruvian culture trying local fruits, tapas, drinks, juices and the best of all: Interact with local people!
- Explore our local streets on a funny walking tour.
- Delicious local snacks, tapas and piqueos.
- The ideal choice for families too.
- Small groups ensures personalized service.
- Informative, friendly and professional local guide.
- Free pickup and drop-off included (Only if it is located in Miraflores, Barranco or San Isidro districts). We can organize private tours too
1. Local market in Surquillo:
- We will begin our adventure in this colorful and friendly local market in Surquillo District. Be ready to taste different kinds of exotics fruits, coming from different parts of the country like the coast, the rainforest and the Andes.
- Of course, we won’t live this local market without trying the most representative dish of Lima called “ceviche”. But this time, you will have a unique version of ceviche called “ceviche with cushuro” (cushuro is a seaweed from the lakes and rivers located at high altitudes in the Andes it was considered a delicacy by our ancestors).
- Last but not least, we will taste a delicious “Causa Rellena” which is made with yellow smash potatoes and fill up with vegetables and shredded chicken.
- There are also dishes for all tastes such as steak, chicken, seafood, even vegan and vegetarian option can be found here, so there is no excuse to miss it!
2. Local Market in Surco:
- After tasting different samples of food in the earlier market, now we arrive at Santiago de Surco Market, it was very well-known by locals and visitors since the colonial days till now. Its reputation is well-known among people that have a great interest in rainforest food and fresh exotic fruit juices. So, this will be a good opportunity to try a delicious “Juanes de Pollo” or “Chaufa de Cecina” typical dishes from the jungle prepared with authentic and organic ingredients from the Amazon.
- Get ready to have one of the most amazing experience, full of surprises, trying the flavors of Peru along the time and listening to the history behind the different dishes we try along the tour.
3. Vineyard Ugarelli:
- The Ugarelli vineyard located in Surco, is one of the few that still maintains its customs, traditions and cultural fervor, so it celebrates the Grape Harvest Festival, recognized worldwide as “Vendimia”, the same that has been held in our district since 1938.
- Ugarelli is dedicated to the production of young dry, semi-dry and sweet wines. On the other hand, the production of Pisco and Macerated wines is almost an obligation for a Peruvian winery
- For 1 person: 62 USD
- For 2 – 3 people: 54 USD each
- For 4 – 6 people: 49 USD each
- For 7 – 10 people: 45 USD each
- The prices provided are for shared groups, if you want a private service ask for availability please.
- We want to inform you that, on all public holidays in Peru, our prices will have a 50% increase.
- Pick up from your hotel
- English speaking guide
- Snacks, local tapas, piqueos
- Customized service
- All entrance tickets
- Return transport to your places
- All our prices include pick up and drop off to your hotel only if it is in Miraflores, San Isidro, Barranco. Outside these places you have to pay a small fee for your pick up/drop off.
- Monday – Sunday: 2:00 pm
- Do not eat much before your tour, because you will try many types of food, snacks and drinks. If you have any dietary restrictions, please let us know when you book your tour with us
- To wear comfortable clothes and shoes, sunglasses, sunscreen and a hat. Take a bottle of water with you and battery for your camera.